ABR School Liaison Program
UpdatedWednesday December 9, 2020 byBeth Jones.
We need YOU!
Arlington Babe Ruth is looking for School Liaisons to help grow and support ABR in the Arlington community. We work closely with the Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation to give our children a quality baseball program second to none in the local area. The promotion of equal competition, camaraderie, full participation, good sportsmanship and just plain fun are the key objectives of this joint effort. Our program is comprised of eight levels of play with over 100 teams and over 1,300 participants.
The primary objectives of this program are to
- Improve accessibility to baseball for all children in Arlington,
- Support ABR in school and greater Arlington communities,
- Improve communication and disseminate information to school-based communities through available channels (Facebook pages, listservs, personal relationships, etc.),
- Support coaches, players, and families, as needed, and
- Provide feedback to School Liaison Coordinator (ABR Board Member) on baseball participation and issues.
ABR is seeking two volunteers per school community who can work together in the liaison role. We are looking for volunteers with varying age representation (K-2 and 3-5), to ensure we are reaching all possible parent groups. Interested volunteers are asked to serve in the School Liaison position for one calendar year, starting with the upcoming Spring season (ending December 2018).
Liaisons will be asked to help ABR
- Explore and understand available communication channels in each school community,
- Utilize available channels to communicate ABR information such as registrations, events and tryout opportunities,
- Speak at PTA and school events where allowed and as needed,
- Serve as a point person to direct questions to ABR about joining teams and understanding opportunities,
- Understand sign up accessibility for players who might want to play but don’t have ability to sign up and communicate scholarship needs, and
- Help new families in Arlington school communities get in touch with ABR about team placement.
If you would like to join the School Liaison program, or have questions, please contact Beth Jones ArlingtonBRbaseball@gmail.com.